Eating Disorders of York Region is presenting two events for EDAW! Join us for these informative presentations!
A Question and Answer Period will follow the Presentations
Food sustains us. Our relationship with food can, however, be quite complex. Eating behaviors can be affected by many factors throughout the life cycle. Sometimes our relationship with food can result in disordered eating – we may eat more or less than our bodies need for healthy functioning or we may not feel at peace with what we eat or the way in which we eat. If you think that you, or someone you care about, may be struggling with eating and food, this presentation is designed to help you find the answers and the support that you need. Topics covered will include:
– Identification of Eating Disorders
– Risk factors associated with the development of Eating Disorders
– Demystifying disordered eating
– Myths connected with Eating Disorders
– How to support or help someone who may have an Eating Disorder
– How to find help if you believe you eat in a disordered way
– Taking the steps towards freedom and a healthy relationship with food
Please join us for a presentation that is designed to be a safe and non-judgmental forum for those seeking either information or help. This presentation is open to all persons with an interest in the subject of Eating Disorders. Registration for the event is not required; the event is free of charge or, if you choose, you may provide a donation to Eating Disorders of York Region.
These events are free of charge. No registration is necessary.