Many cities and towns are proclaiming February 1-7, Eating Disorders Awareness Week including Toronto and Vancouver. The York Regional Council has also proclaimed the beginning of February as Eating Disorder Awareness Week in honour of the thousands of people across the region, and the millions across the country, who suffer from an eating disorder.
The CN Tower will be lit purple to honour EDAW on February 1st at 10:00 p.m. (for 15 minutes)
The Peace Bridge will be lit February 1st, the lights will turn on at dusk and remain on until 1:00 a.m.
Several buildings across Vancouver will light up purple in recognition of Eating Disorders Awareness Week from February 1 to 7, 2016:
- BC Place
- The dome at Science World at TELUS World of Science – February 5
- Sails at Canada Place – February 5
- Olympic Cauldron Arms at Jack Poole Plaza – February 5
- City Hall – February 5
- Kalen Capital Building – February 5
- Leckie Building – February 5
- Trees in Civic Plaza, North Vancouver – February 1 to 7
- District Hall, North Vancouver – February 1 to 7